My Advice for Writing a Blog
1. Keep it short, 300-500 words is plenty
2. Have a snappy title, something that peaks interest
3. Use graphics. If you don’t have any, there are zillions of free graphics.Type “free graphic XXX” in any search engine and you will have plenty of choices. XXX is what you are searching for, i.e ‘free grahpics clowns’ Don’t buy graphics, use the free ones.
4. Try to post on a regular basis. Once a week is enough. If you don’t post on a regular basis, it will be more difficult to gain followers.
5.Use plenty of TAGS. Tags are key words in your blog or associated with your topic. Blogs all have a place for you to add tags. Tags are how readers will find you. For example, if you have written a blog about barbers, you may want to add these tags: barbers, clippers, scissors, combs,and hair cuts, to name a few, and then anyone who puts those words into their search engine may get a hit on your blog.
6. Post the link to your blog on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and other social sites you frequent. Encourage readers to “like” your post.
7. Proofread your blog. Nothing worse than a blog full of errors. You’ll get plenty of feedback on that, and it wont be positive.
8. Create an email group of people that you want to read your blog, and send them the link with a small comment about your latest post. Remember, not everyone is on Facebook.
9. Consider a Blog a one-way conversation. Don’t work and polish a piece for weeks, write as if you were talking to someone in the room. Keep it simple and easy to read.
10. Just do it. Nothing like that monster Procrastination to keep you from writing.